K&L Gates is proud to host the 2021 Consumer Financial Services Symposium – Virtual Edition. This symposium will consist of a series of webinars over the course of several weeks with the first panel focusing on FinTech Trends, Developments, and New Directions on Wednesday, April 21 at 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. EST.
The panel will cover the top 5 Fintech issues raised by K&L Gates Clients, including:
- Machine learning in credit underwriting and attendant fairness questions, featuring guest speaker Melissa Koide of FinRegLab
- The Rise, Risks and Realities of Buy Now-Pay Later products
- Developments on the digital asset front, including, risks arising from use of non-fungible tokens (“NFTs”) with respect to consumer protection and other laws,
- Questions and concerns raised regarding “Central Bank Digital Currencies” (CBDCs) and Stablecoins
- States versus Federal regulation – – concerns raised by States regarding new OCC fintech charters and the OCC’s True Lender rule